Saturday, July 23, 2011

A rose by any other name...

They're not roses but these Prima flowers are green, sage to dark green.  I needed some in blue, but did not have the money go be tempted at the store.  I mean who can ever go to the craft store and buy only one thing?  So I looked at what my options were.  I know a lot of kits now come with white flowers that you can color to coordinate with your layouts.  I have Prisma Color permanent Markers.  So I used my needle tool and embossing to to straiten out the flowers, then held the flower with the needle tool and used the markers to color the petals.  I worked from the center outwards in case there were any streaks.  Since some of the green flowers were darker than others some of the flowers were darker once dyed with the markers.  However the finished product seemed to work well.  Once dry, the flowers were smooth colored and very vibrant.


1 comment:

  1. My mind goes, "But of course, why didn't I think of that." I have a whole box of white flowers and never thought of coloring them.
    Just stopping by to say hi and see whas'up.

    Blessings, Coleen in Ukraine

    ReplyDelete